It’s the year of Leapers, can it be better?
Folk traditions count it as unlucky for several reason around the world. I would say that we should not blame luck for the hard work put in by us towards discrimination, or hatred or even mother nature.
With the pain that I have seen more than anything else in 2015, I am looking to a change in 2016.
What I remember in 2015?
- Boko Haram killed more than 2000 in Nigeria in January
- Eastern Ukraine faced Russia & Libya faced Egypt in February
- The world witnessed first of its kind merger when Islamic State annexed Boko Haram in March
- Over 150 students killed in Garissa University in Kenya perpetrated by terror organization Al-Shabaab in April
- Over 600 lost lives when ISIS attacked Kuwait, Syria & Tunisia during Ramadan over May & June
- Turkey retaliates with airstrikes on ISIS ruled states – unaccounted loss of life – July
- Bangkok bombings – August
- Mecca stampede killing over 2000 & Russia attacking ISIS – September
- Passenger airliner bombed near Sinai killing over 200 – October
- Bombings & Attacks in Beirut, Paris & Syria – November
- Eagerly waiting for this to end – December
This is what we – humans have done when not accounting for the earthquakes, floods or droughts.
Neither looking towards the lies by Volkswagen, Greek debts, the civil wars & national unrests.
We shall still be hopeful, still be looking for whatever of humans left in us. Just remember what the legends said
“We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars” – Oscar Wilde
“You will never find a rainbow if you’re looking down” – Charlie Chaplin.
Optimism is our virtue. Live to it. Move beyond intolerance.
Eagerly hoping that the image of 2015 in my rear view does never come again in the onward journey!